Do you want to be a part of KFC? If so, you can start a KFC franchise business in India. If you are eagerly waiting to get details on the KFC franchise – how much the KFC franchise costs in India, then this article is just for you. Step into the article to gain complete knowledge on opening a KFC franchise business in India.
KFC franchise business is one of the most challenging yet profitable and rewarding options if you are searching to open a retail food business.
But before jumping into the franchise business, go through a thorough analysis and decide based on your skills, a sharp experience. Also, think about whether the KFC franchise business is the best option for you or not.
To go for a KFC franchise business in India, you have to invest a huge amount which is nearly 1 to 2 crores with a 1,000 – 1,500 Square feet commercial space that follows their guidelines in order to start. Also, you have to pay a 4-5% royal commission on the original sales.
A minimum investment of 20 lakhs is much needed to start the franchise business. Marketing services will be provided to you by the franchisors. You need to find a prime location with a floor space of 1000 Sq Ft.
The Food Franchise Agreement of KFC Corporation gives permission to the franchisees a license to use certain KFC trade names, trademarks, logos, service marks, and commercial symbols such as the “KFC” and “Kentucky Fried Chicken”.
Here we will discuss below the details you need to open a KFC franchise business. But before that, you need to know why you should start a franchise business for KFC.
Why KFC Franchise Business? What’s in the brand?
- KFC is the largest business food chain that came into the limelight since it started.
- KFC is one of the most popular US-originated Quick Service Restaurant chains in the world.
- KFC is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands.
- KFC is based on the original recipe, and specializes in chicken. That’s why it got worldwide fame as a chicken restaurant.
- There are so many food options in the KFC menu book. Some of these extra delicate items include Crispy Chicken, Chicken Popcorn, KFC Hot Grilled Chicken, Kentucky Grilled Chicken, Extra Crispy Strips, Extra Crispy Boneless, Chicken wings, chicken sandwiches, and much more.
- The KFC food chain has already crossed so many years in the strong franchise-led outlet model around the world.
- KFC has crossed 335 restaurants in over 100 cities in India. You will enter into a rewarding experience if you are going to start one of the largest retail food businesses in India.
Before entering into the KFC Franchise Business, you should know the following things
- Kentucky Fried Chicken or KFC has started its first-ever Franchise outlet in Utah.
- KFC is mentored by Yum! Brands.
- KFC is the most famous food chain in India with more than 335 outlets. Generally, it’s a little high by its cost.
- The franchise business operation of KFC is developed by their respective area developers and master franchises. In most cases, it’s not that easy to get a franchise from KFC in India.
KFC Franchise Cost in India
KFC is an expensive option to be started as a franchise. It needs high investment at first to start the franchise business in India. KFC franchise business in India grants permission only to multi-unit franchisees because of its expensive investment.
If you want to start as a KFC franchise, then you have to hold a high financial capacity to invest. It’s preferred to have strong retail and real estate participation in the area.
As an individual franchise, If you hold prominent premises in a good locality of tier 1, tier 2, or tier 3 cities then you can apply for a KFC Franchise Unit in India. Maybe your application will get approval in this case. KFC can lease your property also in this case.
You may carry up to 1 crore in Indian currency to start a KFC franchise. You can visit KFC’s website to know the details and evaluate the value of the franchise. But there are some other important things to be kept in mind.
Apart from investment, you need to follow the below-mentioned key factors while thinking of a KFC franchise.
- To overstep your business, you need some managerial skills and experience.
- A dedicated and passionate person who has the best customer relationship knowledge to keep your customer satisfied.
- A real entrepreneur with enthusiasm and spirit.
- Overall spirit and burning Passion to run your business in the market.
- A natural leader who can train other people to work with them.
Now we will talk about how you can apply for the KFC franchise. Let’s start.
How to Apply KFC Franchise Online in India
When you are determined to start the KFC franchise, you have to apply for this first. Go to the KFC’s main official website:
At the right bottom side of the page, you can visit the “contact us” button. Now you can click that option ( https://online.kfc.co.in/contact-us ).
You have to select the franchise type. Now start filling up the form as per requirement. Go further by entering the details and submitting those.
You have to clearly mention the below-mentioned factors:
- Space available
- The amount that you can invest in
- Name of the owner of the property
- Contact details of the owner
- Address of the potential KFC store
- Photographs of the location
- Details of parking space
You have to submit documents related to your property, you also need to submit your Indian citizenship documents like voter ID card, and PAN card.
If you want to contact the main branch in India, here it is:
Yum! Restaurants International, 12th Floor, Tower-D, Global Business Park, Gurgaon -122002
KFC Franchise Contact Email: email@example.com
Training Overview of KFC Franchise Company
There is some training based on the KFC franchise outlet business conducted by KFC officials.
- According to KFC’s policy, the franchises have to attend the initial training program provided by KFCLLC on “How to operate an Outlet”. The franchise must conclude the training program and all the learning sessions to the franchisor’s satisfaction.
- If you are applying for the designation of the key operator, then you must have to be occupied by the franchise. You have to attend the Key Operator Restaurant Training program given by the KFC Franchise company.
- Employees of the franchise have to go for the training program and must complete it to KFC Franchise Company’s satisfaction.
- All the training programs will be guided and conducted by KFCLLC. All the training programs will be held in the designated national, regional, or divisional offices.
- All the training programs will include computer-based training programs which are done via the Learning Zone program, written study notes, and on-the-job training programs at various KFC Outlets and other classroom instruction.
- The person who has already completed the Key Operator Restaurant Training program provided by KFC successfully, will train and lead other employees at the designated outlet.
- After all these above-mentioned training sessions, franchisors may go for a telephonic conversation with the Franchise and other employees to complete some other training, refresher course, seminars, and meetings at various locations.
Also Read: How To Start A Food Truck Business In India
Advantages of holding a KFC Franchise
When you are all set to run a KFC outlet, you will get three times the revenue within a year. It’s amazing! Right?
Though it’ll be dependent on the type of franchise you are operating.
With a significant time period, you can gain more earnings. Another good thing is the already fixed costs of all KFC meals in the market.
So hope you have been already delivered with the minute details of KFC Franchise cost and other details too as a plus. Hope this article will be a golden boon to you when you are thinking about starting a KFC franchise business in India.
Terms of Agreement and Renewal of the KFC Franchise
When you opt for the KFC franchise, twenty years is the period of the initial franchise term. The franchise can also get renewed if the franchise can meet the company’s requirements, under different terms and conditions than the former contract.
Maximize Your Online Business Potential for just ₹79/month on Lio. Annual plans start at just ₹799.
With more than 40,000 locations across the world, KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken stands in the topmost position in food restaurant chain companies. There are more than one million employees and associates under KFC. What is more exciting is KFC is expanding at an accelerated pace in India.
So if you want to be a part of the second-largest food chain and want to grow in India, then you are exactly right. If you possess the capital that has to be invested, then KFC is the best and most lucrative business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much do KFC items cost in India?
KFC chicken special menu price:
1. 10 pc Leg Piece Bucket & 4 Dips- ₹699
2. 5 pc Leg Piece Bucket with 2 types of Dips-₹350
3. Big 12-₹699
4. Stay Home Bucket -₹749
5. 10 pc Chicken Strips & Dips Bucket-₹449
7. Big Savings Bucket-₹649
8. Ultimate Savings Bucket -₹599
9. Friendship Bucket- ₹650
10. 8 pc Hot & Crispy Chicken-₹650
11. 6 pc Hot & Crispy Chicken-₹499
12. KFC Favorites-₹399
13. Chick & Share-₹399
14. Large Popcorn with Medium Fries- ₹299
How can I get a KFC franchise?
You have to start with these below-mentioned factors:
1. An investment of rupees 1-1.5 crores.
3. A strong experience and professional skills and knowledge in the retail food industry.
4. A franchise term of about 20 years.
5. 4-5% royal commission on the original sales has to be paid to the company.
Who is the parent company of KFC?
Yum! Brands are the owner of KFC
Who has started KFC?
Colonel Harland Sanders had started this KFC in his old age.
What is Zinger in KFC?
Zinger burger is a special item sold by KFC. It comes with an extra crunchy patty made of chicken breast or thigh.